We hope everyone is getting excited for WordCamp tomorrow. We wanted to send a quick note that we have a couple of small schedule updates to announce.
- Due to unforeseen circumstances Nicolas will not be able to attend WordCamp this weekend, so instead Ernest Barbaric has stepped up to the plate to present a fantastic talk called – Finding Your Voice – Learning From 6 Years of Failure.
- Based on attendee feedback, we’ve made a small modification to the schedule and removed the extra half an hour for the Mentor Lunch. Because of this change all of the afternoon sessions now line-up and you won’t have to worry about leaving the middle of one session to catch the next.
|Time|| Content Creators || Code Creators || Pro Bono Lounge |
|11:00 am||Finding Your Voice – Learnings From 6 years of Failure Ernest Barbaric||Pro Level Workflow Michael C. Breuer, David Luecke|
|12:00 pm||Designing Your Site With Intent Mike Tighe||Advanced Theming with HTML5 Michael C. Breuer, David Luecke|
|1:00 pm||Mentor Lunch||Pro Bono Lounge|
|2:00 pm||Inside the Black Box of Web Design Pricing Jeff Archibald||Reclaiming the Editor Sean Goresht|
|3:00 pm||Generating Success from your WordPress site, How To Get Exposure In a Crowded Online Market. Irene Seto, Ernest Barbaric, Tony Tighe, Erin Rosar||Building Themes For Clients: What You Need To Know When Handing Over The Keys To End Users. Andrew Forbes, Dan Stephenson, Aleah Dunfield|
|4:00 pm||Everything WordPress: Ask The Experts, Be An Expert||WordPress 3.9.1 Walkthrough Kurt Archer|
|4:30 pm||Everything WordPress: Ask The Experts, Be An Expert [Continued]|
As you may have noticed the content for WordCamp Calgary has been split into two unique tracks – Content Creators and Code Creators. One of our goals with this conference is to attract a wide spectrum of the WordPress community in the city. So by creating two tracks of content we are able provide some great information for people who use WordPress casually to power their blog or business web site to hard core developers and everything in between. So to help out with any questions about the two content tracks, here are some key points.
- First and foremost, there are no restrictions for attending either track. People can attend Content sessions and Code Sessions, or you can just set-up shop in one of the tracks and enjoy a full day of great content.
- The Content Creators sessions will be taking place in Macdonald Hall. The room holds about 100 attendees.
- The Code Creators sessions will be taking place in a classroom within Heritage Hall. The room holds about 50 attendees comfortably. (Please note that we may cap attendance in this room if it starts to fill up for a session)
- For the larger group sessions (Such as the Opening Remarks, Mentor Lunch and The “Everything WordPress: Ask an Expert, Be An Expert” panel) they will be held in Macdonald hall to accommodate everyone.
So hopefully that clears up any questions about the content tracks. If you have any further questions, feel free to contact us at any time.
The organizing team is very excited to announce that we’ve finalized all of our speakers, sessions and the schedule for WordCamp Calgary 2014. We’ve also made a few changes on the site to help give you more information on all the great things we have planned leading up to next Saturday.
So without further adieu, here are the links you’ve all be dying for:
- Sessions, Panels and Events – Everything you need to know about all the events we have planned next Saturday.
- Speakers and Panelists – Want to learn more about the great local talent that will be presenting at WordCamp Calgary 2014? This is the place to go.
- The Schedule – Yes, we’ve finalized the schedule so start planning your day. We’re still ironing out WordCamp.org’s funky schedule tool, but we have also created an easier to read Google Doc to help you out.
So there you go, all the information to help you plan out your day. Make sure you follow us on Twitter or Facebook to keep up with all the last minute information, speaker profiles and sponsor profiles.
Now that all the great details of WordCamp are out in the open, tickets are starting to sell fast. So make sure you pick-up a ticket today.
We are really excited to announce our second group of Speakers and Panelists for WordCamp 2014.
This year’s conference will include 7 Speaker Sessions, 2 Panels Sessions, a group sourced interactive session in addition to the already announced The Pro Bono Lounge and Mentor Lunch.