We hope everyone is getting excited for WordCamp tomorrow. We wanted to send a quick note that we have a couple of small schedule updates to announce.
- Due to unforeseen circumstances Nicolas will not be able to attend WordCamp this weekend, so instead Ernest Barbaric has stepped up to the plate to present a fantastic talk called – Finding Your Voice – Learning From 6 Years of Failure.
- Based on attendee feedback, we’ve made a small modification to the schedule and removed the extra half an hour for the Mentor Lunch. Because of this change all of the afternoon sessions now line-up and you won’t have to worry about leaving the middle of one session to catch the next.
|Time|| Content Creators || Code Creators || Pro Bono Lounge |
|11:00 am||Finding Your Voice – Learnings From 6 years of Failure Ernest Barbaric||Pro Level Workflow Michael C. Breuer, David Luecke|
|12:00 pm||Designing Your Site With Intent Mike Tighe||Advanced Theming with HTML5 Michael C. Breuer, David Luecke|
|1:00 pm||Mentor Lunch||Pro Bono Lounge|
|2:00 pm||Inside the Black Box of Web Design Pricing Jeff Archibald||Reclaiming the Editor Sean Goresht|
|3:00 pm||Generating Success from your WordPress site, How To Get Exposure In a Crowded Online Market. Irene Seto, Ernest Barbaric, Tony Tighe, Erin Rosar||Building Themes For Clients: What You Need To Know When Handing Over The Keys To End Users. Andrew Forbes, Dan Stephenson, Aleah Dunfield|
|4:00 pm||Everything WordPress: Ask The Experts, Be An Expert||WordPress 3.9.1 Walkthrough Kurt Archer|
|4:30 pm||Everything WordPress: Ask The Experts, Be An Expert [Continued]|
The organizing team is very excited to announce that we’ve finalized all of our speakers, sessions and the schedule for WordCamp Calgary 2014. We’ve also made a few changes on the site to help give you more information on all the great things we have planned leading up to next Saturday.
So without further adieu, here are the links you’ve all be dying for:
- Sessions, Panels and Events – Everything you need to know about all the events we have planned next Saturday.
- Speakers and Panelists – Want to learn more about the great local talent that will be presenting at WordCamp Calgary 2014? This is the place to go.
- The Schedule – Yes, we’ve finalized the schedule so start planning your day. We’re still ironing out WordCamp.org’s funky schedule tool, but we have also created an easier to read Google Doc to help you out.
So there you go, all the information to help you plan out your day. Make sure you follow us on Twitter or Facebook to keep up with all the last minute information, speaker profiles and sponsor profiles.
Now that all the great details of WordCamp are out in the open, tickets are starting to sell fast. So make sure you pick-up a ticket today.
As the WordCamp Team keep trucking along with the planning of this year’s edition, we’d like to put a call out for Volunteers and Pro Bono Lounge Mentors.
We’ve had a good selection of people volunteer to help with the logistics on the day of (Registration, room help, etc.,) and a couple people volunteer for the Pro Bono Lounge, but we’re looking for a few more people to help out.
In particular we need:
- 8-10 Volunteers to help with registration in the morning and the rooms during the day.
- 5-6 Pro Bono Lounge mentors to help with manning the Pro Bono Lounge Area during the morning and afternoon.
If you’re interested in volunteering please fill out our Volunteer Form.
As we start finalizing the talks, panels and schedule for WordCamp 2014, we also want to explain two of the additional events we have planned. Below is a synopsis of two of the unique events we have planned for this year’s edition.
Pro Bono Lounge
This full-day Pro Bono lounge (or sometimes referred to as Happiness Lounge) will pair up struggling business owners and entrepreneurs with expert WordPress professionals for free consultations and quick fixes. Bring your laptop, ideas and sketches There will be plenty of wifi and outlets.
The Committee will be looking for WordPress experts to volunteer slots of time at throughout the day. If you’re interested in participating, send us a note at email@example.com.
The Pro Bono Lounge will run from 12:00 – 4:00. The Pro Bono Lounge will be located in the Hallway beside Macdonald Hall.
Introducing the Mentor Lunch. During the Lunch break we will be opening up the MacDonald room and setting up tables for people with common interests to sit down, chat and ask questions. The idea is to provide an avenue for networking and learning throughout the Calgary community. We know that it can sometimes be very intimidating to attend a conference on your own, so why not sit down and with a group of other Calgarians interested in a certain topic and share a conversation over lunch.
And don’t worry if you want to escape for a bit to have lunch on your own that’s totally fine too.
The Committee will be looking for mentors and local organizations to volunteer their lunch hour to act as a conversation starter. If you’re interested in participating, send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Mentor Lunch will run from 1pm-2pm in Macdonald Hall.