Our photographer Reg Tiangha has posted all of his photos from WordCamp Calgary on to his Flick account. So have a look and relive all the great events from yesterday. Also show the man some love by giving him a retweet and liking his photos on Flickr.
We hope everyone is getting excited for WordCamp tomorrow. We wanted to send a quick note that we have a couple of small schedule updates to announce.
- Due to unforeseen circumstances Nicolas will not be able to attend WordCamp this weekend, so instead Ernest Barbaric has stepped up to the plate to present a fantastic talk called – Finding Your Voice – Learning From 6 Years of Failure.
- Based on attendee feedback, we’ve made a small modification to the schedule and removed the extra half an hour for the Mentor Lunch. Because of this change all of the afternoon sessions now line-up and you won’t have to worry about leaving the middle of one session to catch the next.
|Time||Content Creators||Code Creators||Pro Bono Lounge|
|10:30 am||Opening Remarks/Welcome To WordCamp|
|11:00 am||Finding Your Voice – Learnings From 6 years of Failure Ernest Barbaric||Pro Level Workflow Michael C. Breuer, David Luecke|
|12:00 pm||Designing Your Site With Intent Mike Tighe||Advanced Theming with HTML5 Michael C. Breuer, David Luecke|
|1:00 pm||Mentor Lunch||Pro Bono Lounge|
|2:00 pm||Inside the Black Box of Web Design Pricing Jeff Archibald||Reclaiming the Editor Sean Goresht|
|3:00 pm||Generating Success from your WordPress site, How To Get Exposure In a Crowded Online Market. Irene Seto, Ernest Barbaric, Tony Tighe, Erin Rosar||Building Themes For Clients: What You Need To Know When Handing Over The Keys To End Users. Andrew Forbes, Dan Stephenson, Aleah Dunfield|
|4:00 pm||Everything WordPress: Ask The Experts, Be An Expert||WordPress 3.9.1 Walkthrough Kurt Archer|
|4:30 pm||Everything WordPress: Ask The Experts, Be An Expert [Continued]|
With 24 hours until WordCamp Calgary kicks off, we figured we would post a few things to do to get you excited and ready.
- Familiarize yourself with our schedule and plan out your day. We did make a small change to the afternoon line-up, so you no longer have to chose between missing sessions as both track in the afternoon start at the same time.
- Explore the archives of WordCamp.TV to get a feel for all the great content you’ll be exposed to on Saturday.
- Start brainstorming the questions you’d like to ask at our Everything WordPress: Ask The Experts, Be An Expert panel.
- Start warming up those tweeting fingers and get to know the Wordcamp Hashtag – #wordcampyyc.
- Follow us on Facebook, so we can send you any last minute changes.
- … and of course rest up. It’s going to be a fantastic day.
- To make things easier for catering and badge printing the team will be forwarding on official numbers later today (Wednesday June 11th). By registering early it ensures we have your food order in and that you’re not one of those attendees with a hand written badge.
- Although we will take some registration at the door, we will still require you to purchase a ticket online [no cash tickets at the door]. So why not save yourself the headache by reserving a ticket before hand.
- Oh! And one last thing. There are also less than 25 tickets available WordCamp Calgary. So picking a ticket up before hand will guarantee a spot before we sell out.